MUNICH 2016 – Outdoor Rally
TOGETHER FOR EUROPE. ENCOUNTER. RECONCILIATION. FUTURE.
500 years of division is enough – unity is possible!
Divided Churches, people fleeing their countries, poverty caused by various crises in Europe – Christians of different Churches and Communities say their Yes to unity in the diversity of cultures.
United we wish to give a sign of hope and witness to our journey ‘Together’ in Europe
With the participation of leaders from different Movements and Communities, including: Maria Voce (Focolare Movement), Gerhard Pross (YMCA Esslingen), Andrea Riccardi (Community of Sant’Egidio), Gerhard Kehl (Jordan-Stiftung), Michelle Moran (ICCRS), P. Heinrich Walter (Schoenstatt Movement), Gérard Testard (Efesia), Thomas Römer (YMCA Munich), Walter Heidenreich (Freie Christliche Jugendgemeinschaft Lüdenscheid)…
There will be a streaming broadcast from 2pm to 6pm in the following languages (as per date of Newsletter publication): German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Hungarian. After 6pm the broadcast will continue in the original language until 10pm.
A link to access the broadcast will be published on the Homepage of this international web site in due course.
Karlsplatz (Stachus) Square in Munich (Germany) | 2nd July 2016 | 2 pm – 10 pm
The programme will unfold in four parts.
Space will be devoted throughout the programme to performances (music, mime, dance…) culminating in a symbolic act of reconciliation, a reconciliation that opens doors to the future.
I. Unity is possible!
- Opening music and introduction to the programme: why are we here?
- Maria Voce (Focolare Movement): Unity is possible
- Messages and video recorded messages from Pope Francis and from Patriarch Bartholomew
- Short testimonials of ‘successful experiences of unity’ from various European countries
II. Reconciliation opens up the future – 500 years of division is enough
- Miroslav Volf: Message of reconciliation
- Testimonial of reconciliation between Reformed Church and the Mennonites (Peter Dettwiler and Larry Miller)
- Gerhard Pross (YMCA Esslingen): Unity in reconciled diversity
- Card. Kurt Koch (Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, Rome)
- Evangelical Bishop Frank Otfried July (Lutheran World Federation)
- Rev. Olav Fykse Tveit (Ecumenical Council of Churches)
- Metropolitan Seraphim Joanta (Metropolitan of the Orthodox Romanian Church of Germany, Central and Northern Europe)
III. A culture of relationship and mercy
- Young people’s voice: That’s how I would like Europe – that’s a Europe worth working for!
- Gérard Testard (Efesia): How the journey of Together for Europe changed me
- Jeff Fountain (Free Church): The Future of Europe lies in its roots
- Andrea Riccardi (Community of Sant’Egidio): No more walls!
IV. Mission and future
- Interview with Evangelical Bishop Heinrich Bedford-Strohm and Cardinal Reinhard Marx
- Gerhard Kehl (Jordan-Stiftung): Short update on series of events “Beginnings of a New Journey in Europe”
- Concluding Message: Thomas Römer (YMCA Munich) and Michelle Moran (ICCRS)
- Sending off: P. Heinrich Walter (Schoenstatt Movement)
- Encounters in the streets and squares of Munich to follow
From 7pm till 10pm Musik – Messagges – Celebration
Walter Heidenreich(FCJG); Paul Manwaring (Bethel Church); Gerhard Kehl (Jordan Stiftung); Matthias Kunick (YMCA Munich); Jessica Angelina (GLC Munich); Christof Michos (EVZ Munich), P. Hans-Martin Samietz (Schoenstatt Movement)