European identity and values: an exploration
“We shall attempt to draw, out of the historical experience of Europe, values and ideals that could enable us to surmount the present crisis and find a way forward into the future.”
This is the subject matter of a panel discussion on Thursday 21 April 2016, 5–7pm –
Ecumenical Centre Geneva (Switzerland).
A panel discussion, with audience participation, with:
- Dr Olav Fykse Tveit, general secretary of the World Council of Churches
- Mr Eric Ackermann, a member of the Jewish community in Geneva
- Ms Gaelle Courtens, a journalist associated with the Federation of Protestant Churches in Italy and the ‘nev-notizie evangeliche’ Press Agency
- Mr Pasquale Ferrara, a diplomat, and professor at the LUISS University, Rome, and the Sophia University Institute, Loppiano
- Mr Andreas Gross, a former Swiss parliamentarian, and a former member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- In the chair: Ms Marguerite Contat, former head of delegations at the International Committee of the Red Cross, and joint president of the Genevan Constituent Assembly, 2008-12
The event will be live streamed: //www.oikoumene.org/live
For more informations: //www.oikoumene.org/en/press-centre/events/all-events?set_language=en
The meeting takes place in sight of the international Event in Munich, 30 June – 2 July 2016: “Together for Europe. Encounter. Reconciliation. Future”.